Burlington International Airport recently formed a Wellness Committee which is dedicated to developing a healthy workforce environment, valuing wellness and supporting beneficial lifestyle choices. We are striving to enable our workforce to improve their workplace and to make a difference in the areas that are important to us to improve our wellness as individuals and as an organization. You can find more information on our Facebook group page “BTV Wellness Committee”.
Burlington International Airport is owned and operated by the City of Burlington. Our employees are our greatest assest so we strive to recruit the most qualified, efficient and diverse individuals while providing them with provide a work atmosphere that is safe, healthy, secure and also conscious of family and community goals. Many of the positions that are available at the Airport will be posted through City of Burlington's Human Resource Department.
OFFICE ASSISTANT II
BURLINGTON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
POSTING DATE: April 22, 2015
RATE OF P AY: $17.17/hour
DEADLINE TO APPLY: May 6, 2015
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full Time
CLASSIFICATION: Grade 12 Non-Union
APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE DATE
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Airport with an emphasis on clerical support, document control, processing and retrieval of information and public contact.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide customer service to the traveling public and airport stakeholders through the Airport Administration Office.
• Open, sort and distribute incoming mail.
• Provide administrative support to the Airport Leadership team, attending meetings, taking minutes and following up on action items.
• Follow departmental procedures in filling out forms, processing, filing and routing of paper for each functional area.
• Answer telephone inquiries, provide routine information and/or route calls to appropriate individuals.
• Verify, update and/or maintain records manually or by computer as may be required.
• Prepare, track and reconcile Accounts Payable accounts and receivables as requested.
• Receive all accounts receivable fees from tenants and the public and deposit.
• Categorize record, report and distribute monthly enplanement, deplanement, freight figures and car rental revenue data as required.
• Type correspondence, forms, or minutes of meetings.
• Perform routine mathematical calculations as required by functional assignment.
• Make travel and meeting arrangements for Administration personnel.
• Communicate with Airport personnel using multiline telephone and handheld radio.
• Prepare and maintain department activity and events list and distribute as required
• Order, receive and maintain office supply inventory.
• Assist in the tracking of lost and found items, following department procedures.
• Perform related work as required
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• One or more years of administrative office support experience required
• Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Access software programs required
• Valid State Driver’s License required
• Accounting or financial experience preferred.
• Basic conversational fluency in French preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of a variety of general office procedures to include typing, filing, record keeping, and basic mathematical calculations required.
• Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced office setting.
• Ability to learn and utilize the mobile and fixed radio communications equipment required.
• Ability to use a variety of office equipment including computer, copy machine, TTY machine, postage scale, meter, calculator and switchboard telephone system required.
• Ability to work independently carrying out tasks required.
• Ability to learn and adhere to department operations and procedures required
• Ability to file and to maintain high level of accuracy in maintaining records required.
• Ability to maintain positive public relations in assisting customers and/or collecting fees required
• Ability to communicate, both in writing and verbally, effectively with the public, staff and tenants required.
• Ability to actively support City diversity, equity, and cultural competency efforts within stated job responsibilities and work effectively across diverse cultures and constituencies.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as evidenced by ongoing trainings and professional development.
• Regular attendance is necessary and is essential to meeting the expectations of the job functions.
• Ability to understand and comply with City standards, safety rules and personnel policies.
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume and a City of Burlington Application by to: Human Resources Department, 179 So. Winooski Ave., Burlington, Vermont 05401. To obtain an application or for more information about the City of Burlington, please see our website: www.burlingtonvt.gov/HR.
The City of Burlington will not tolerate unlawful harassment or discrimination on the basis of political or religious affiliation, race, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, HIV positive status or genetic information. The City is also committed to providing proper access to services, facilities, and employment opportunities. For accessibility information or alternative formats,
please contact Human Resources Department at 865-7145.
WOMEN, MINORITIES AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. EOE.
If you are interested in interning at the Airport, please complete the Intern Application and submit as directed.
Volunteering at BTV
First impressions are lasting ones, and for many visitors to our region, that first impression is provided by our welcoming and friendly volunteers. If you are the kind of person that enjoys an interesting, diverse and sometimes fast pace environment, please consider joining the growing group of volunteers here at BTV.
We are currently looking for the friendliest people in Vermont to assist our traveling public by providing needed information about the airport, airlines, security and tourism between the hours of 5:00am and 12:00pm (noon).
If you are interested in becoming a BTV Volunteer, please contact Kristin at email@example.com or (802) 863-2874 extension 201 or complete the BTV Volunteer Application and submit to the address listed on application.
It is necessary to contact the Airlines individually. It is recommended that you contact them through their website(s).
Delta Ground Handlers: Delta Global Services- Counter, gate and ground (ramp) handling of all Delta Connection carriers . Applications can be picked up at the Delta ticket counters.
United Ground Handlers: GAT Airline Ground Support - Counter, gate and ground (ramp) handling of United Express carriers. You may apply at gatags.com
US Airways Ground Handlers: Piedmont Airlines - Ground (ramp) handling of all USAirways Express carriers. Applications can be picked up at the USAirways ticket counters.
Allegiant Ground Handlers - Worldwide Flight Services - Counter, gate and ground (ramp) handling of Allegiant carriers. You may apply at www.wfs.aero
To apply for a Security Screener position please visit the TSA website at:
call the Customer Service Center at (800) 887-1895
Charter Handling Services/ Fixed Base Operators
265 Aviation Ave
S. Burlington, VT 05403
Tel: 802-863-3626 or 877-FBO-KBTV (326-5288)
Please stop by the counters in the baggage claim areas for applications.
Contact Angela Brickell. Tel: 238-8558
Please stop by the main gift shop on the 1st level for applications.
Burlington, VT 05408